Luxury motivation quotes
What is Luxury?
Luxury has come to represent something that is expensive, exclusive, and high quality. This article will explore the historical roots of luxury in order to understand how it became what it is today.
The term “luxury” derives from the Latin word “luxus”. Luxus was used in ancient times to describe someone who lived in excessive wealth and was overindulged in pleasures. The Latin root word lux also means “light.” So, this early definition of luxury can be seen as a great example of foreshadowing for the way luxury is used today.
Wealth has always been one of the primary indicators of luxurious living. Early on, people did not have much money or resources to spend on themselves so they could only be “luxurious” by giving.
Luxury is the desire to have something so much that you would do anything to get it. It is excessiveness in the pursuit of pleasure, not just in materialistic things but also other aspects too.
People have different perceptions about luxury. Some believe luxury to be an extravagance, while some believe it to be a privilege. But there are many who consider luxury as a duty or responsibility, which could be punishable if not met.
But what really defines luxury? One can say that luxury is having an abundance of good things without the fear of running out of them at any point in time.
For unique quotes on luxury, you can find many here. These thoughtful and famous luxury quotes will make you rethink what it means to be luxurious.
Quotes about luxury used to be all about monetary elements. The idea of what constitutes luxury has changed so much in recent years, with it no longer being seen as having huge wealth but instead just the tools that allow you to get on with your life without any constraints.
Over the years, luxury has become a broad term. Before Gutenberg’s invention of a printing press in 1450, books were a luxury item. Some of the quotes are slightly tongue-in-cheek, such as when comedian Cher jokes “you have to have money to have taste,” but other quotes from iconic designers and entrepreneurs such as Coco Chanel can help you define your personal style.
The luxury quotes are organized by the person who wrote them, alphabetically. They’re all interesting in their own way, but what’s most important is that they help keep your spirits high!
Inspirational Luxury Quotes
1. Every luxury must be paid for, and everything is a luxury, starting with being in this world.
2. I don’t have the luxury of time to be unhappy. I have too much to do. I have too much do accomplish. Who has the time to be unhappy?
3. It is a luxury to be understood.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Mere life is a luxury, and the color of the grass, of the flowers, of the sky, the wind in the trees, the outlines of the horizon, the forms of clouds, all give a pleasure as exquisite as the sweetest music to the ear famishing for it.
5. The future is the most expensive luxury in the world.
6. True luxury is being able to own your time – to be able to take a walk, sit on your porch, read the paper, not take the call, not be compelled by obligation.
7. It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a clear path to happiness.
Inspiring luxury quotes about the future
8. Art is not a luxury, but a necessity.
9. Chocolate is the first luxury. It has so many things wrapped up in it: Deliciusness in the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.
10. Contemplation is a luxury, requiring time and alternatives.
11. Friendship is one of the greatest luxuries of life.
Edward Everett Hale
Luxuries of life quotes – luxurious lifestyle sayings and affirmations
12. Give us the luxuries of life, and we will dispense with its necessities.
John Lothrop Motley
13. Happy endings are a luxury of fiction.
14. I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity.
There is luxury in simplicity
15. I’m a man of simple tastes, I’m always satisfied with the best.
16. In an age of distraction, nothing can feel more luxurious than paying attention.
17. Morality is a private and costly luxury.
18. In today’s life, luxury is time and space.
19. Let me be surrounded by luxury, I can do without the necessities!
20. Living in the lap of luxury isn’t bad, except that you never know when luxury is going to stand up.
21. Luxury is a state of mind.
22. My tastes are simple, I am easily satisfied with the best.
Quotes about luxury lifestyles
23. Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it’s about living in a way where you appreciate things.
Oscar de la Renta
24. Luxury will be always around, no matter what happens in the world.
25. Men aren’t necessities. They’re luxuries.
26. Of a life of luxury the fruit is luxury, whether in agriculture, or commerce, or literature, or art.
Henry David Thoreau
27. Offline is the new luxury.
28. Sleep is such a luxury.
29. Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.
30. The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
31. Time and silence are the most luxurious things today.
Time and silence are luxuries
32. The real luxury travel of the modern age is not through space; it’s through time.
33. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
34. What one generation sees as a luxury, the next sees as a necessity.
35. When you dance you can enjoy the luxury of being you.
Luxury Design Quotes
36. In the luxury business, you have to build on heritage.
37. Luxury is attention to detail, originality, exclusivity and above all quality.
38. Luxury is in each detail.
Hubert de Givenchy
39. Luxury is the balance of design, in the sense of beauty and highest quality.
Domenico de Sole
40. Luxury lives in the finer details. It’s a cloth napkin at a dinner table. It’s a mint on your pillow before bed.
41. Luxury goods are the only area in which it is possible to make luxury margins.
42. Not many architects have the luxury to reject significant things.
43. The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.
Sir Henry Royce
Luxury Fashion Quotes
44. Chic happens.
45. Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between success and failure.
46. I believe that style is the only real luxury that is really desirable.
47. Italian style is a natural attitude. It is about a life of good taste. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Simple but with good taste. Luxury is possible to buy. Good taste is not.
Diego Della Valle
48. Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.
49. Luxury never goes out of fashion.
Luxury Home Quotes
50. A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.
Henry Ward Beecher
51. Books are my one luxury.
52. Looking out at the lake, drinking good tea. That’s his only luxury. And what an enormous luxury that was.
53. Luxury can be very simple, for example, staying 15 minutes longer in bed.
54. To me bathtubs are the epitome of luxury. Either you have no money to own one or you have no time to use one.
55. Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two, opulence is when you have three – and paradise is when you have none.
Luxury Motivational Quotes
56. A true luxury is a reward for investing in and developing a real asset.
Robert T. Kiyosaki
57. I give myself the luxury of saying what I want.
58. I think the older I get, the more I realize that the ultimate luxury is time.
59. It is the mind that makes the body rich.
The mind makes the body rich – quotes on luxury
60. Luxury is feeling unrushed. It is designing a life that allows you to do what you want with high leverage, with many options, all while feeling unrushed.
61. Luxury is to have a job you can enjoy.
62. Luxury items are things you reward yourself with.
63. Luxury means to live free of conventions and expectations.
Anton Wolfgang Count Faber-Castell
64. The greatest luxury is being free.
65. The ultimate of being successful is the luxury of giving yourself the time to do what you want to do.
66. You cannot spend money in luxury without doing good to the poor. Nay, you do more good to them by spending it in luxury, than by giving it; for by spending it in luxury, you make them exert industry, whereas by giving it, you keep them idle.
Coco Chanel Quotes
67. A gift should be two things: classy and fabulous.
68. Luxury must be comfortable. Otherwise it is not luxury.
69. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
70. Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
71. The best things in life are free. The second best things are very expensive.
72. I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.
73. Luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends.
74. Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
75. There are people who have money and people who are rich.
76. Luxury lies not in the richness of things, but in the absence of vulgarity.
77. Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.
Frank Lloyd Wright
78. If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.
Jean Paul Getty
79. If you have to ask how much it costs, you can’t afford it.
80. Money does not smell.
Roman proverb: Pecunia non olet
81. Nothing is too beautiful, nothing is too expensive.
82. The only question with wealth is, what do you do with it?
John D. Rockefeller
83. What is bad about luxury as long as you can afford it?
84. Better nouveau riche than never rich!
Luxury Travel Quotes
85. The greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted. Bill Bryson
86. Mountains are the soul’s fuel.
87. Even when I haven’t had money, I found money to travel. It’s a luxury that’s a kind of necessity, I think. Beth Orton.
88. Those who say travel is too expensive don’t have any imagination.
89. All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
90. Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit. Edward Abbey
Live Your Best Life Quotes
91. Any luxury too easily obtained is probably not a luxury at all. Saskia Havekes
92. If you want to be rich, don’t allow yourself the luxury of excuses. Robert T. Kiyosaki
93. You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream. Les Brown
94. Some of my dreams are so big they would scare you. Dolly Parton
95. Happiness is the highest level of success.
96. It is never too late to be who you might have been. George Elliot
97. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. Albert Einstein
98. Make each day your masterpiece. John Wooden
99. Living your best life is your most important journey in life. Oprah Winfrey
100. The greatest luxury is being free.
101. Luxury is more deadly than any foe.
102. Art is a luxury but also a necessity.
103. Happy endings are a luxury of fiction.
104. The past is the luxury of proprietors.
105. Morality is a private and costly luxury.
106. Pessimism is the luxury of the powerful.
107. Luxury destroys more efficiently than war.
108. Luxury ruins republics; poverty, monarchies.
Charles de Montesquieu
109. It is only to the happy that tears are a luxury.
110. You can’t afford the luxury of a negative thought.
111. Poverty is an expensive luxury. We cannot afford it.
112. Class structures are a luxury that we cannot afford.
H. Rap Brown
113. When you dance you can enjoy the luxury of being you.
114. The future is the most expensive luxury in the world.
115. Real luxury is time and opportunity to read for pleasure.
116. Pessimism is a luxury that a Jew can never allow himself.
Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.
118. Sometimes choice is a luxury that fate does not afford us.
119. Luxury is the income tax of vanity. But it is so pleasant.
120. Literacy is not a luxury, it is a right and a responsibility.
William J. Clinton