Sunset captions for Instagram
Hey, you. People who love sunsets…we’ve found the perfect captions for every mood you’re in. All the sunset quotes will make your Instagram feed better than ever! They can be witty or heartfelt, and come in all types of lengths.
What is a Sunset Caption and How Does it Actually Work?
Sunset captions are usually used to provide an alternative caption to a photo. The captions usually involve a pun or a witty remark, and they often include a hashtag.
Sunset Captions are an interesting way of adding an emotional comment to your images without having to add any extra work!
Sunset Instagram Captions
We’ve put together a selection of our favourite Instagram sunset quotes and sayings below. When you’re trying to come up with the perfect caption for your latest sunset pic, think about what sunsets represent to you personally. For many people, they symbolise hope and new beginnings. However, they could also mean something completely different to someone else depending on their understanding of the subject, so it is best to double-check with the right people.
To improve the engagement on your photos, ask your followers a related question. You could ask them what a sunset means to them, who they like to share it with, or where they’ve seen the best one.
Another good idea would be to share tips on the best times to see the sunset and where to watch the best sunsets. For example, in Kotor, Montenegro, many people go up the 1, steps for exciting panoramic views of sunsets.
SHORT SUNSET CAPTIONS
Sometimes you can’t find the time to write an in-depth description during your journey. If you want a quick sunset quote, these two are perfect.
1. A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night. Crystal Woods
2. Some moments are made of gold and sunsets.
3. I just need you and some sunsets. Atticus
Sunset short captions
4. Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn. Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. I never met a sunset I didn’t like.
6. Her heart was made of liquid sunsets. Virginia Woolf
Best sunset Instagram captions
7. It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream. Bern Williams
8. Never go too long without watching a sunset. Atticus
9. Sunset is the opening music of the night. Mehmet Murat ildan
10. Ride off into your sunset.
Short sunset quotes
11. There is nothing more musical than a sunset. Claude Debussy
12. Wait till the sunset to shine like a star.
13. Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too. Beau Taplin
14. Sunset state of mind.
Dreamy sunset captions for Instagram
BEAUTIFUL SUNSET CAPTIONS
Share the timeless beauty of a sunset thanks to these poetic sunset captions for Instagram. A wonderful sunset can be very uplifting.
15. Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been too. That’s how old I am. Joëlle
16. Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist. Mia Kirshner
17. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Rabindranath Tagore
18. She was in love with the sunset. No one else ever even stood a chance.
Beautiful quotes on sunsets
19. Enjoy the beauty of a sunset, nature’s farewell kiss for the night. Sharon Rene
20. If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord. Nathan Phillips
21. Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them. John Ruskin
22. Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans! Mehmet Murat ildan
23. Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second. Mattie Stepanek
Best caption for sunset
24. Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting. Richard Paul Evans
25. The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color – oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples. Anna Godbersen
26. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day. Rachel Boston
27. Sometimes the sunset is so beautiful, I think it might be the very last one. Nitya Prakash
Inspiring sunset captions for Instagram
FUNNY SUNSET CAPTIONS
These witty captions for sunsets are sure to make you smile. You can use these funny sunset quotes in greetings cards as well as on Instagram.
28. A sunset is life’s way of saying, Good job, you survived today. Here’s something pretty!
29. If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream. Jarod Kintz
30. I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
31. That crazy little sun of a beach.
Funny sunset captions for Instagram
32. I thought watching a sunset would help but it left me more in the dark.
33. When the sky turns pink, it’s time for a drink!
34. Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan. Mandy Hale
35. You don’t need a beautiful sunset to be inspired, just Photoshop.
36. Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
Sunset funny quotes
INSPIRING SUNSET CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM
Here are our favorite inspirational sunset captions, to uplift you and your loved ones.
37. Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies. Paulo Coelho
38. May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace. Umair Siddiqui
39. Every moment of life is unique-a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe. Stephen Nachmanovitch
40. Every sunset is an opportunity to reset. Richie Norton
Sunset quotes and captions
POSITIVE SUNSET QUOTES
What could be more joyous than a beautiful sunset? These positive sunset captions for Instagram are truly life-affirming.
41. If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.
42. Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under! C. JoyBell C.
43. People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds. Carl R. Rogers
44. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day. Rachel Boston
45. Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully. Kristen Butler
46. Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us! Mehmet Murat ildan
47. There’s too many things that i haven’t done yet. Too many sunsets I haven’t seen. Sara Bareilles
48. It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream. Bernard Williams
49. With every sunset a new hope is born, and an old expectation dies. Noor Unnahar
50. Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live. Rachel Roy
EVENING SUNSET QUOTES
Did you know that sunsets only last between 2 and 5 minutes? Once the sun has set, make the most of the evening before night falls.
51. The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire. Pamela Hansford Johnson
52. Sunset is the opening music of the night. Mehmet Murat ildan
53. A time when sky blue love bids farewell to the day and before dusk falls, the sunset ignites the smouldering embers of the moonlit soul… Virginia Alison
54. Take me where the sky lights up in the colors of a fiery sunset.
55. The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower. Roberto Bolaño
56. As the saturating colours of sun-life fade from sight, the ominous moon reaches out its long arm and applies the dark dyes of night. Daniel J. Rice
57. The redness had seeped from the day and night was arranging herself around us. Cooling things down, staining and dyeing the evening purple and blue black. Sue Monk Kidd
58. Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars. J.K. Rowling
Evening sunset quotes and captions
ROMANTIC SUNSET QUOTES
These are some of the best romantic captions for sunset pictures.
59. All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you. Mayday Parade
60. Let’s spend all of our sunsets together.
61. Listen to the sunset, see its pretty hue. When you see it, think of me, and I’ll think of you. Oksana Rus
62. All sunsets are beautiful when viewed with the love of your life.
63. Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there. Grace Ogot
64. I love you to the sunset and back.
65. The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share.
Romantic sunset quotes
SUNRISE AND SUNSET QUOTES
Do you prefer sunrise or sunset? Either way, these sunset and sunrise captions are charming.
66. Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
67. There’s never one sunrise the same or one sunset the same. Carlos Santana
68. If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord. Nathan Phillips
69. The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again. Ram Charan
70. Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night. Juansen Dizon
71. The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise. Craig D. Lounsbrough
72. Enjoy every sunset. Look forward to every sunrise.
73. There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them. Jo Walton
74. Every sunset is also a sunrise. It all depends on where you stand. Karl Schmidt
Best sunrise and sunset quotes
ORIGINAL SUNSET QUOTES
We came up with some of our own sunset sayings too. Here are a few of our favorite sunset captions.
75. Palm trees, ocean breeze, sunset please! Luxury Columnist
76. We were born to chase the sunsets. Luxury Columnist
77. Happiness is watching the sun set with a sundowner cocktail. Luxury Columnist
78. What is a sunset? A dream while we’re awake. Luxury Columnist
Original sunset quotes and captions
SUNSET LOVER QUOTES
Fans of great sunsets will find these sunset lover captions very appropriate.
79. Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset. Ann Landers
80. I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night. Erin McCarthy
81. When someone asks me what my favorite colors is, I should just say, ‘sunset.’
82. Meet me where the sky touches the sea. Jennifer Donnelly
83. The sun still lives his silent vows to the moon, by bowing to kiss her feet whenever she walks in the room. Curtis Tyrone Jones
Sunset lover quotes
SUNSET MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES
When you need motivation, watching the sun set will often help to focus your mind. Here are some motivating sunset captions for Instagram to get you started.
84. If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. G.K. Chesterton
85. Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal. Elbert Hubbard
86. When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each colour of the sunset. Christy Ann Martine
87. No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn. Maya Angelou tribute to Nelson Mandela
88. When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator. Mahatma Gandhi
89. Never turn your back to the sunset, because you owe the sun a thanking for lighting you all day. Mehmet Murat İldan
90. Your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset. Jiddu Krishnamurti
91. Watching sunset makes you feel stronger. Anamika Mishra
92. If you can rise like the sun in a country where the sun has set, all eyes will be turned to you! Mehmet Murat Ildan
93. The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colourful sunset it will be. Sajal Sazzad
Motivational sunset quotes and captions
BEACH SUNSET QUOTES
There’s no better sunset than a beach sunset. That’s because you can see for miles with no trees or buildings to obscure the view, so get your drink of choice ready, kick back and enjoy it!
94. When ballet takes to the sea, even the sunset comes to take a sneak peek. Anthony T. Hincks
95. Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans! Mehmet Murat ildan
96. One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure is that your trips to beach never end. Jasleen Kaur Gumber
Beach sunset quotes and captions
SUN SETTING QUOTES
These setting sun sayings capture the essence of this ephemeral wonder of nature.
97. The sun set, which is everyday magic. Terry Pratchett
98. When the sun has set, no candle can replace it. George R.R. Martin
99. They ran to the museums for paintings. I ran to the roof for sunsets. Darnell Lamont Walker
100. When the sun sets like fire, I will think of you, when the moon casts its light, I’ll remember too. Brian Jacques
101. The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver. Laura Treacy Bentley
102. A setting sun still whispers a promise for tomorrow Jeb Dickerson
103. When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it. Mehmet Murat ildan
Sun setting quotes
WONDERFUL SUNSET QUOTES
Take inspiration from these perfect sunset captions and quotes.
104. It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again. A.J. Lawless
105. That was her magic, she could still see the sunset even on those darkest days. Atticus
106. Cherish sunsets, wild creatures, and wild places. Have a love affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth! Stewart Udall
107. Sunsets are a reminder from Mother Nature to enjoy the simple things in life. Luxury Columnist
108. Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once. Ryu Murakami
109. The only kind of sunsets that I don’t like are the ones that I missed.
110. Sunsets are proof that good things come to those who wait. Luxury Columnist
111. I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, The sound of the ocean, watching the sunset, the smell of rain and starry nights. Brooke Hampton
112. Every sunset brings the promise of a new tomorrow.
113. The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it! Mehmet Murat ildan
114. You know, one loves the sunset when one is so sad. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince
115. At the end of the world the sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayons into God’s face. Craig Stone
Wonderful sunset quotes and captions
DREAMY SUNSET QUOTES
These sunset captions are just as dreamy as sunsets themselves.
116. Twilight drops her curtain down and pins it with a star. L.M. Montgomery
117. The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue and here I am still loving you.
118. Sunsets are loved because they vanish. Flowers are loved because they go. Ray Bradbury
119. Mad raging sunsets poured in seafoams of cloud through unimaginable crags, with every rose tint of hope beyond, I felt just like it, brilliant and bleak beyond words. Jack Kerouac
120. We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us. Kahlil Gibran
121. O, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth. Roman Payne
122. In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different. John Steinbeck
123. We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea and to be thrilled with a rose that is bedecked with dew. Desmond Tutu
124. Softly the evening came with the sunset. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Dreamy sunset captions for Instagram
WISE SUNSET QUOTES
What lessons can we learn from sunsets? These wise sunset quotes are definitely food for thought.
125. Allow failure to teach you a supreme lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise. Sri Chinmoy
126. My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day. Gratitude itself is a source of joy. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
127. Your light is more magnificent than sunrise or sunset. Rumi
128. Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day. Debbie Shapiro
129. And though I came to forget or regret all I have ever done, yet I would remember that once I saw the dragons aloft on the wind at sunset above the western isles; and I would be content. Ursula K. Le Guin
130. The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again. Ram Charan
Wise sunset captions for Instagram
BEST SUNSET CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM
Here are some of the very best sunset captions and sayings, written by famous authors and poets.
131. Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries. Jack Kerouac, On the Road
132. A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone. John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
133. You know how much I love looking at the sky, but I’d miss a thousand sunsets just to look at your eyes.
134. And the sunset itself on such waves of ether That I just can’t comprehend Whether it is the end of the day, the end of the world, Or the mystery of mysteries in me again. Anna Akhmatova
135. We watch the sun go down together. The giant, burnt-orange sphere sinks towards the horizon, coloring the rock layers until it’s gone and the canyon is covered in shadow. Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
136. Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age. Vera Nazarian
137. The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver. Laura Treacy Bentley
138. I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night. Erin McCarthy
139. Call for the grandest of all earthly spectacles, what is that? It is the sun going to his rest. Thomas de Quincey
Best sunset quotes and captions for Instagram
FAMOUS SUNSET CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM
Finally, here are a few of the most famous sunset quotes and captions.
140. A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn. Claude Debussy
141. She remembered watching a summer sunset from this very spot. Not so long ago; just a lifetime. Sharon Kay Penman
142. Grief colours you like a beautiful sunset colours the sky. Elise Icten
143. It’s not just a sunset; it’s a moonrise too. P.C. Cast
144. Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.
Famous quotes on sunsets
145. I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset. Steve Maraboli
146. Salute the new sunset. Allen Ginsberg
147. When sunset, like a crimson throat to hell, is cavernous. George Sterling
148. A day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. Nicolas Sparks, The Notebook
149. My sun sets to rise again. Robert Browning
150. Foam is white and waves are grey; beyond the sunset leads my way. J.R.R. Tolkein, Bilbo’s Last Song.
151. “Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat.” — Luke Bryan, “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset”
LONG SUNSET INSTAGRAM CAPTIONS
If you’re looking for more lengthy and deep sunset captions for Instagram, here are some thought-provoking quotes on sunsets that will keep your audience engaged.
“People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, ‘soften the orange a bit on the right-hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” — Carl R. Rogers
“A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east.” — John Steinbeck
“I don’t know how long we stay that way, but we watch the sun go down together. The giant, burnt-orange sphere sinks towards the horizon, coloring the rock layers until it’s gone and the canyon is covered in shadow.” — Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
“As the sun sets, the beauties of the sky compete with the beauties of the earth, and at that moment the spirit of human beings is overflowed with these visual perfections!”
“I watched the sunset last night. And given the utter brilliance of it, I likely sat in the company of thousands who found themselves awash in its blaze of colors as well. But sadly, it is just as likely that I was surrounded by thousands of others who never saw the colors because they were awash in lesser things. And I realized that far too often I am in the company of those people. Therefore, I’ll be sitting outside tonight.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
“Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.” ― Adriaan Kortlandt
POETIC SUNSET IG CAPTIONS
If you’re looking for a beautifully poetic caption about sunsets, look no further than the following quotes. These sunset captions Instagram are bound to make us stop and reflect on the magic of this natural phenomenon.
“Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” — Beau Taplin
“The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” — The Sound of Music
“Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there.” — Grace Ogot
“That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” — Atticus
“Setting suns — a clarion call for peace, presence, and perspective.” — Unknown
“The red sun seemed to tip one end of a pair of scales below the horizon, and simultaneously to lift an orange moon at the other.” — Patrick Leigh Fermor
“Time does not stop in the world as the sun sets, but time stops in your mind and you remain motionless just like a statue.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am.” — Joëlle
“Sunset is a moment where all emotions are experienced: melancholy, amazement, intoxication, casuistry, admiration, love, sadness…” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” — Mia Kirshner
“When someone asks me what my favorite colors is, I should just say, ‘sunset.’” — Unknown
“Don’t waste sunrises on people who will escape by dusk.” — Unknown
“The sun sets and my heart expands. Hope. For now, nothing else matters.” — Unknown
“Every moment of life is unique — a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” — S. Nachmanovitch
“…She remembered watching a summer sunset from this very spot. Not so long ago; just a lifetime.” — Sharon Kay Penman
A surreal sunset in Dubrovnik, Croatia
“Sunset angles through the heavy curtains, drawn against the light. Dust motes dance in the red beams, ash above a dying fire. I feel like I am inside a heart, surrounded by bloody red.”
“With every sunset a new hope is born, and an old expectation dies.” — Noor Unnahar
“Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.” — Unknown
“Why is sunset more colorful than sunrise? It’s an irony of life saying ‘sometimes, good things happen in goodbyes.” — Unknown
“The sun rises, the sun falls, the wind blows and the birds sing no matter where you are. These are experiences that unite us all… something we can all enjoy together.” — Melanie Charlene
“Sunlight dripping below the horizon is like silence between musical notes. Magic.”
“She was not perfect. She was just stuck. In that pretty little zone between sunsets and moonlight.” — Unknown
“If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.” — Unknown
BEAUTIFUL SUNSET QUOTES FOR INSTAGRAM
Here are some sayings about sunsets that capture the beauty of this phenomenon and the joy it brings us. These sunset picture captions are bound to make your audience smile!
“There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” — Rachel Boston
“Sometimes the sunset is so beautiful, I think it might be the very last one.” ― Nitya Prakash
“Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” — John Ruskin
“Another day, another setting sun. How fortunate am I that there’s more to come?”
“Sunset is still my favorite color and rainbow is second.” — Mattie Stepanek
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” — Rabindranath Tagore
“Sunset shows that life is too beautiful to hold on to the past, so move on to the present.”
“If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” — Nathan Phillips
“Enjoy the beauty of a sunset, nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” — Sharon Rene
“Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
“Proof that few things in life are as beautiful as a setting sun.” — Unknown
“The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.”
“The sunset doesn’t care if we watch it or not, it will keep on being beautiful even if no one bothers to look at it.” — Gene Amole
“A day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered.”
“Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of heaven.” — John Lubbock
“Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.” — Rabindranath Tagore
“Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” — Sharon Rene
“The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“Left breathless at the beauty of the setting sun.” — Unknown
“Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” — Richard Paul Evans
SUNSET BEACH QUOTES & CAPTIONS
Looking for sunset on the beach quotes? Here’s a mix of cheeky and inspiring beach sunset quotes that capture the carefree vibes of spending an evening relaxing with sand and water.
Sunset beers, beach-side cheers, and dreamy days.
Sunsets and oceans. It’s what I do.
Beach bums and setting suns.
Just watching sun-kissed waves drift the day away.
“Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” — Virginia Woolf
“Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
Sand, sea, and sunsets.
Happiness is the sun setting over a beach.
The sun setting over the island of Moorea in French Polynesia
The sun sets fire to the sea and sky and we sit back to watch.
“They sipped until the sun, as golden as syrupy as the bourbon, slipped into the sea.”
Watching the sun’s final rays ride the waves into tomorrow.
A setting sun setting fire to the sea and sand.
Sun, sea, the sand & me.
Twilight + Beach = Perfection
Sunsets and wistful waves.
Can anything beat a sun-kissed ocean?
That crazy little sun of a beach.
“The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” ― Pamela Johnson
Let’s go somewhere where the sun kisses the beach.
Dreams are made of sand and sunsets.
“The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver.” ― Laura Treacy Bentley
Sunset, palm trees & ocean breeze.
Sun kissing ocean. Beach touching bum.
“One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure is that your trips to the beach never end.” ― Jasleen Kaur Gumber
“Made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea.”
INSPIRATIONAL SUNSET QUOTES & CAPTIONS
Looking for dreamy Instagram sunset captions that will inspire your audience to catch the sun’s next show? Here are some perfectly uplifting and motivating sunset sayings to pair your shot with.
“It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” — Bern Williams
“Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.”
“Do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal.” — Elbert Hubbard
“Allow failure to teach you a valuable lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very beautiful sunrise.” — Sri Chinmoy
“When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” — Christy Ann Martine
“If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.” — Unknown
“A mind-boggling, awe-inspiring, spine-tingling sunset.” — Unknown
A mesmerizing sunset in Bali, Indonesia
“Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” — Paulo Coelho
“Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” — C. JoyBell C.
“When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” — Mehmet Murat İldan
“Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquillity to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” — Somya Kedia
“Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” — Richie Norton
“Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” — Rachel Roy
“Are you dreaming? Stop dreaming; come and watch the sunset, it is better than all the dreams!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
“See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” — Debasish Mridha
“There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” — Jo Walton
“The best way to live your life is this: At sunset, just think of the beauty of the sunset, because life is nothing but what the present moment offers you!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“A beautiful sunset is your reward for surviving another day. Enjoy as many as you can.”
“When I consider how, after sunset, the stars come out gradually in troops from behind the hills and woods, I confess that I could not have contrived a more curious and inspiring sight.”
“I find it incredibly amazing how at every sunset, the sky is a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory.”
“When the sun dips below the horizon, something in my soul awakens.” — Unknown
A sunset at a splendid island resort in Thailand
“Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” — Ryu Murakami
“Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
“Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles, and laughter, so enjoy your day.” — Debbie Shapiro
“You have to travel far and wide to see a lot of the world’s wonders, but sunsets can be appreciated in every corner of the earth.” — Kimmie Conner
“When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” — Mahatma Gandhi
SUNRISE AND SUNSET QUOTES FOR INSTAGRAM
Here are some sunrise & sunset quotes that would make the perfect sunset captions for Instagram if you’re looking to say something wise and clever!
“Sunset is always wiser than sunrise because sunset has added the experience of an entire day to his soul.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“Life is all about enjoying every sunset and looking forward to the next sunrise.” — Unknown
“We wouldn’t like it if the sunrise came right after the sunset. Love grows with longing; the longer the night, the greater our love for the sunrise.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“I love that this morning’s sunrise is not defined by last night’s sunset.” — Steve Maraboli
“No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” — Maya Angelou
“The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” — Vera Nazarian
“May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” — Umair Siddiqui
“Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” — Karl Schmidt
“Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” — Juansen Dizon
“I love sunrises and sunsets. But what I really love is the space that I have in-between them to do something incredible.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
“Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset.” — Unknown
“There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it… Put yourself in the way of beauty.” — Cheryl Strayed
A gorgeous sunset at the Carpathian Mountains in Ukraine
“I like that time is marked by each sunrise and sunset whether or not you actually see it.”
“The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” ― Ram Charan
“We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.” — Kahlil Gibran
“It seems there is more interest in sunsets than sunrises. Perhaps because innately, we fear the dark.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” — Galen Rowell
The sun setting over Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany
“It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” — A.J. Lawless
“If I missed the sunrise of this day and if I let the sunset slip by unnoticed, I might ask if what captured my attention this day was worth the loss of this day because I can’t think of anything that’s that important.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
“If you can rise like the sun in a country where the sun has set, all eyes will be turned to you!”
“The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
“May every sunrise bring you hope, may every sunset bring you peace.” — Unknown
SUNSET SKY QUOTES & CAPTIONS
Here are some more sky sunset quotes that would make beautifully poetic captions about sunsets for your Instagram.
Endless horizons and blood-red skies.
The sky’s putting on a show again.
“The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” — Sajal Sazzad
Stop. Be still. And watch as the sunset paints the sky with its magic.
“All my life, I have been in love with the sky. Even when everything was falling apart around me, the sky was always there for me.” — Yoko Ono
Am I dreaming? Or is the sun really setting fire to the sky right now?
“The sky was a bruised red shot with black, almost exactly the colors of a tattoo. Sunset had two minutes left to live.” ― Denis Johnson
The setting sun kindled the sky.
“As I burst into the light that afternoon, the sun had just slipped behind the roofline and the house was in eclipse, the sky behind glowing mauve and orange.” ― Kate Morton
“The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.” ― Roberto Bolaño
“I am inspired by anything beautiful. Sometimes it’s a pair of eyes or flowing gorgeous hair, other times it’s the sky or a sunset.” — Nadine Velazquez
“They’d lay there and watch the magical show in the sky as it transformed from one color to the next, before fading into darkness in a matter of moments. The sun had a split personality of its own.” ― Arti Manani
EVENING SUNSET QUOTES & CAPTIONS
Here are some sunset evening quotes that capture the beauty of dusk, making the perfect captions for sunset photos that show a glimpse of nighttime.
The sun goes down. The moon comes up. And life goes on.
The evening always delivers.
“Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.”
“You don’t need beautiful weather to enjoy the evening. You only need a beautiful heart.”
Fiery skies tower overhead. Another day draws to a close.
“I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” ― Erin McCarthy
“The sun was setting later and later, leaving behind a strange way of making the time fade away and nearly disappear, as though night truly wouldn’t come.” ― Corinne Beenfield
“Nightfall was approaching, the light pouring away past the world’s horizon in a gradually darkening cascade.” — Obie Williams
The splendid Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at dusk
“Watching the day slowly bloom into night. That’s how it always seemed to me: not the fading of a withered flower, but the opening of some dark, rich blossom, with unexpected hues and heavy scents.” ― Patricia A. McKillip
“The redness had seeped from the day and night was arranging herself around us. Cooling things down, staining and dyeing the evening purple and blue black.” ― Sue Monk Kidd
“The sun slowly sets as if it gives you time to get ready for the darkness.”
“Now she’s lit by the warm orange spreading from the horizon as not-quite-day, becomes not-quite-night.” ― David Levithan
A promise of a new tomorrow.
“When the sun goes down, some are afraid that darkness will fall and some are happy that the stars will come out. Your reaction to what happens in the outside world is more important than what is in the outside world.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
The trouble with sunsets is that they have to end.